A GOOD PUBLIC SPEAKING COACH WILL FEEL LIKE LOVE.
And help you integrate all the parts of you together so speaking in public feels like coming home to yourself.
Plus all the life things that go with it: more moola but also more impact, more yeses, more delight, more visibility (that actually works), more calm, a glowing inner confidence no one can take away, and connection to your sacred purpose when you speak.
If you're a gentle soul here to save the fucking world and no less, I'm here for you. When you're ready to bring your best self into your greatest moments to move the needle...
You need two things:
1. A safe place to practice, and
2. A coach committed to you getting seen and heard on your own terms.
I'm a power + permission whisperer at your service. Together we dream, practice, and prep your upcoming pitch or presentation (or pod interview or personal story or...) AND we work on a strategy for ALL the out loud stuff in your life to both feel good and serve your mission.
This work changes lives: yours, mine, and everyone who's touched by the ripple. It's profound + fun. And it's yours, when you're ready.APPLY TO WORK TOGETHER >
SHOW UP WHEN YOU SHOW UP
I'M YOUR STRATEGIST AND COACH & YOU'RE THE EXPERT ON YOU. TOGETHER WE:
- Introduce you to your full-permission self, who's confident and free and trusts you can use your voice to get what you want and live your values out loud.
- Practice expressing the heart of your message in the moments that matter, for the greatest possible impact every damn time.
- Find more ease for you in dealing with cultural barriers or biases. So you can step into your leadership and your power despite real and tricky office politics or old stories at play. This is justice work.
- Clear out your mindgunk. Detox your relationship to your voice and neutralize the "shoulds" you've picked up from family, toxic work environments, or entrenched cultural stories. AKA UNLEARN TERRIBLE ADVICE.
- Work your dynamics: learn literal voice and speech technique, including breath, pitch, tone, pace, and volume. Know your own voice and its strengths. Learn how to tap into them consistently.
- Hone your content and structure. I have extensive experience helping craft stories and speeches in partnership with candidates for office, diplomats, start-up founders, creatives, business leaders, writers, and TED speakers, and am fearless getting into the details with you. Let's partner on your words and your delivery.
- Get your message clear. If you're an early-stage founder or entrepreneur struggling with how much YOU is in your messaging and how to tell your story or your business's story, we'll get you clarity and true confidence so you claim it and communicate it with gusto in the moments that matter.
- Get you more yeses. This work leads to more successful selling, getting more and better speaking gigs, more publicity and with more satisfying results, a truer brand voice, and a clearer path to that promotion or that job interview or that board position. This work means you can do your mission justice at the magnitude it deserves.
This is my superpower, and I'm pleased to offer it in the service of you and your mission.
NOTE: My mission is to decolonize public speaking and unlink voicework from white patriarchal standards of "good speech." This work is for people committed to anti-racism, gender justice, and dismantling oppressive structures where you are. Please only book a session with me if this statement describes you.
I can't wait to work with you and celebrate who you are in your FULL MAGNIFICENCE.
FOR GODS SAKE YESSSSS >
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING...
Chris Bubser, candidate for United States Congress
“Over the course of a single session, Samara taught me how to use my voice–how to use my own voice that I’ve been unable to access on command for my entire life.
And I also left with a warm up I entirely trusted to get me there over and over again, and a stump speech that I was so ready to deliver and have fun with. Samara blew my mind, and the best part, honestly, is that it worked.”
Hannah Diop, Co-Founder, with Issa Rae, Sienna Naturals
“Working with Samara was a total gamechanger as I began pitching my product to high profile retailers.
I went to one of the best business schools in the country. But you know what they don’t teach? How to show up in a pitch meeting with a story that reveals your heart. Or how to own your voice. Or how to speak so investors lean in. Samara’s coaching was an essential piece of my company’s success story.”
Spade Robinson, Hollywood writer
“Samara’s like going to public speaking church!”
JOIN THE PERMISSION PARTY
Get my email series and power your week with voice & permission strategies to show up and speak up in the moments that matter. Feel the love. Join the party.
(Psst. It's a revolution.)